History of Printing In Philadelphia

So I am thinking of doing a weekly piece where I find companies that were based in Philadelphia years ago in the printing industry and try to dig up as much information on them as possible. I have always found the history of Philadelphia to be interesting and also the history of companies so I figured why not combine the two. I love going through old newsletters and magazines and seeing ads for companies that aren't around anymore or provide services that we no longer need.

I noticed that finding information about companies isn't the easiest, so I think I might take trips down to the places where the companies used to be to see if any history has been left behind.

I plan to cover as many companies in the Philadelphia area that are no longer around then slowly brand out into other cities and surrounding areas. I would love to find products still around from these companies as well, so all this week I will be putting together my first piece on, The Royal Electrotype Company based on Sansom Street.


Comments

Popular Posts